Certificate in Patient Counseling
Patient Counseling is Clinical Pastoral Education, through VCU's School of Allied Health Professionals.
The Mission of the Program in Patient Counseling is to educate persons to provide pastoral care for the human spirit.
In the pursuit of this mission, specific objectives are:
- To teach care and education in a manner that is theologically aware and cognizant of current theories and skills in caring for ill people.
- To work holistically with other disciplines and to promote and interpret the place of clinical spiritual care.
- To provide sensitive and competent pastoral care to patients, families, and staff in which the dignity of culture and life experience of each individual is valued.
- To provide a supportive environment of a caring community in which to develop for students who are in the professional formation process.
- To serve as a bridge between the hospital and community in the area of pastoral care of patients and families.
For more information, please contact Christine Stevens at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (804) 828-0540 or Barbara Waldron at email@example.com or call (276) 403-5635.
Visit our WEBSITE.
Virginia Commonwealth University
Dept. of Patient Counseling
School of Allied Health Proessions
1200 E. Broad St.
P.O. Box 980664
Richmond, VA 23298