Martin-Lacy Lecture Hall
The Martin-Lacy Lecture Hall features room dividers that temporarily descend from the ceiling, allowing for the space to be divided into three separate meeting spaces which can be used simultaneously and separately with acoustic and technological provisions built in the design.
Contact the New College Foundation for information about pricing.
Total capacity is 250 occupants. When Lecture Hall is divided, capacity by section is 80 occupants.
NCI features 20 separate classrooms that can be used for meetings. These rooms are located within NCI’s Building on Baldwin (191 Fayette Street) and King Hall (30 Franklin Street).
Capacity ranges from 6-50 occupants.
Please Note When Making Reservations:
- ACADEMIC CLASSES OR EVENTS WILL ALWAYS HAVE PRIORITY IN THE SCHEDULING OF THE CLASSROOMS.
- Rooms will be assigned as appropriate by NCI staff and first-choices are not guaranteed.
- The client is responsible for providing catering and related items.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that all food and drink items are disposed of properly and that the room is left the way it was found.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the computer lab or around the laptop computers.
- The client will be liable for any damages incurred by members of their group.
- The client is not allowed to move tables or chairs from other rooms without permission from the front desk receptionist. If tables or chairs are moved, they must be returned to their original formation before leaving.
- Children must not be left unsupervised or left to the supervision of NCI’s receptionist and/or security personnel.
- The client must be mindful of building operational hours and must be out of the building 15 minutes prior to the time the building closes.
King Hall Testing Center
New College Institute’s Testing Center offers secured local testing for both Pearson VUE and College Level Examination Program (CLEP). NCI’s Testing Center is located at 30 Franklin Street, Martinsville, Virginia 24112. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For more information, please call (276) 403-5610.
Pearson VUE is a global leader in computer-based testing. Each year millions of people around the world take an exam with Pearson VUE. Chances are you, or someone you know has recently tested with us. Your neighbor, the computer programmer, your dad’s nurse, children’s teacher, real estate agent or college graduate who wants to go to business school … all demonstrate their knowledge, skill, and commitment when they test with Pearson VUE.
More than 450 credential owners across the globe choose Pearson VUE to help develop, manage, deliver and grow their testing programs. From online practice tests to high-stakes, proctored exams that require the industry’s most secure testing environments, Pearson VUE is the leader in computer-based testing — and much more.
To schedule an exam or for additional information about Pearson VUE please go to home.pearsonvue.com.
The College – Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams help students earn college credit for what they already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. CLEP (the College-Level Examination Program®) offers 34 exams that cover intro-level college course material. With a passing score on one CLEP exam, you could earn three or more college credits at more than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities. You can take as many CLEP exams as you would like. The more exams you pass the more college credits you gain.
CLEP was created to help individuals with prior knowledge in a college course subject earn their degree efficiently and inexpensively. That prior learning could have taken place through advanced high school courses, independent reading, and study, online courseware or textbooks, noncredit courses, or on-the-job training.
CLEP exams take about 90 – 120 minutes to complete, depending on the exam subject. The 34 exams include areas of study in composition and literature, world languages, history, and social sciences, science and mathematics, and business.
To schedule an exam or for additional information about CLEP please go to clep.collegeboard.org.