The Foundations of Telehealth is an overview course designed to provide clinicians, healthcare teams, technologists, administrators, and public policy experts with a broad-based summary of telehealth, and the technical, professional, regulatory and financial considerations affecting the delivery of services. The Foundations in Telehealth course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of current technologies and care delivery models and an introduction to the public policies that inform telehealth practice.
- A broad-based perspective of telehealth, telehealth terminology, and telehealth use cases
- Identification of telehealth technology and security requirements
- Skills for employing proper etiquette when using telehealth
- Awareness of public policies informing the use of telehealth
- The building blocks of use-case development
- Identification and location of trusted resources in the field
- Awareness of the strategic and financial considerations for telehealth.