As telehealth programs expand nationwide, it is important for facilities providing telehealth services to be familiar, and compliant, with the established Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards. This course is designed to ensure telehealth professionals have a strong understanding of the guiding provisions of the HIPAA laws pertaining to Professional Health Information (PHI), distribution and protection of PHI, as well as how HIPAA applies in the telehealth setting.
- Identify the purpose of the HIPAA Law
- Recognize the two standards of HIPAA
- Identify possible breach scenarios
- Explain ways to be HIPAA compliant
- Understand the role of Business Associates Agreements
- Describe fines and penalties related to HIPAA breeches
- Explain the role of Office of Civil Rights (OCR) audits