Brought to you by New College Institute and Mid-Atlantic Maritime Academy USCG- Certified Instructors.
Classroom Topics Include:
- Nautical Terms
- Boating Laws and Regulations
- The Rules of the Road: Right of Way
- Communications Afloat
- Personal Safety While Underway
- Required Safety Equipment
- CO Poisoning
- Safe Passage Plan
- Man Overboard Recovery Procedures
- Safe Dinghy
- Emergency Protocols for Collision, Grounding, Fire, Flooding
Onboard Topics Include:
- Going Boating: Fueling, Casting Off, Underway
- Navigation: Nautical Charts, Compass, Electronic Navigation & Aids, Tide and Currents, Weather
- Boat Handling
- Seamanship (Including Basic Knots)
Only $200! Space is Limited – Register Today!
Register online at Smith Mountain Lake – New College Institute or call 276-734-1252 to learn more.