Come to NCI’s 1st Annual CyberPatriot CyberCamp and learn the importance of cyber safety and how to protect your personal devices and information from outside threats. During the camp, qualifying middle and high school students will HAVE FUN and LEARN CYBERSECURITY PRINCIPLES that are relevant and applicable to everyday life.
- Open to middle and high school students
- FREE to participate, but seating is limited to 60 participants
- Each camper is required to sign a code of conduct prior to participating in the camp
- Each camper will get a certificate of completion and CyberPatriot SWAG.
For more information contact Steve Keyser at 276-403-5612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard AFA CyberCamp Schedule
The following is an outline of the curriculum for the Standard CyberCamp. Please note that this curriculum is not final and is subject to change.
- Monday: Introduction to the CyberPatriot National Youth Cyber Defense Competition, introduction to cybersecurity & careers, cyber ethics, online safety, how computers work, virtual machines, and cyber threats.
- Tuesday: Cybersecurity principles, basic Windows security policies and tool, windows file protections, and auditing and monitoring.
- Wednesday: Introduction to Linux, Ubuntu 16 terminology and concepts, basic GUI security, and intro to CLI.
- Thursday: Basic command line security and intermediate Ubuntu security.
- Friday: CyberPatriot Competition day. Students will compete against their fellow campers on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16 competition images.
Additional Documents and Forms:
- Camper Questionnaire – please fill out and email to Steve Keyser at email@example.com
- Air Force Code of Conduct
- Printable Flyer
CyberPatriot Cybercamp welcomes volunteers as Team Coach, Technical Mentor, or Team Assistant. Download this flyer to learn more about volunteer opportunities and to register.
Sponsor a CyberPatriot CyberCamp
Are you interested in affiliating your company with the nation’s fastest growing cyber event? We hope so, because there is real value in having your name associated with a program that is connecting thousands of high school, middle school, and elementary school students with science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines! What started in 2009 as a pilot cyber defense competition for a handful of students in Florida has become a multi-faceted, nationwide program that’s exciting students about cybersecurity and STEM education and careers. Our sponsors are what allow this type of growth to happen.
Contact Karen Jackson for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is CyberPatriot?
CyberPatriot is the National Youth Cyber Education Program created by the Air Force Association (AFA) to inspire K-12 students toward careers in cybersecurity or other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines critical to our nation’s future. The CyberPatriot Programs are:
The National Youth Cyber Defense Competition
At the center of CyberPatriot is the National Youth Cyber Defense Competition, which puts teams of high school and middle school students in the position of newly hired IT professionals tasked with managing the network of a small company. Through a series of online competition rounds, teams are given a set of virtual operating systems and are tasked with finding and fixing cybersecurity vulnerabilities while maintaining critical services. The top teams in the nation earn all-expenses-paid trips to Maryland for the National Finals Competition where they can earn national recognition and scholarship money.
Held during the summer months, AFA CyberCamps emphasize fun, hands-on learning of cybersecurity principles that are relevant and applicable to everyday life. Though camps, students learn the importance of cyber safety and how to protect their personal devices and information from outside threats. Standard AFA CyberCamps teach beginner students the basics of cybersecurity, while Advanced AFA CyberCamps incorporate more complex concepts geared towards students who have previously participated in a camp or in the cyber defense competition.
Learn More at: uscyberpatriot.org
Special Thanks to Northrop Grumman Foundation and SAIC for their sponsorships!