RICHMOND—Governor Ralph Northam today announced the formation of Virginia’s first offshore and onshore wind workforce training collaborative, the Mid-Atlantic Wind Training Alliance. The program will offer industry required certifications that are critical to the operations and long-term maintenance of wind projects. The Governor made the announcement addressing the 2020 Offshore WINDPOWER Virtual Summit hosted by the American Wind Energy Association.
Brought to you by New College Institute and Mid-Atlantic Maritime Academy USCG- Certified Instructors.
Classroom Topics Include:
- Nautical Terms
- Boating Laws and Regulations
- The Rules of the Road: Right of Way
- Communications Afloat
- Personal Safety While Underway
- Required Safety Equipment
- CO Poisoning
- Safe Passage Plan
- Man Overboard Recovery Procedures
- Safe Dinghy
- Emergency Protocols for Collision, Grounding, Fire, Flooding
Onboard Topics Include:
- Going Boating: Fueling, Casting Off, Underway
- Navigation: Nautical Charts, Compass, Electronic Navigation & Aids, Tide and Currents, Weather
- Boat Handling
- Seamanship (Including Basic Knots)
Only $200! Space is Limited – Register Today!
Register online at Smith Mountain Lake – New College Institute or call 276-734-1252 to learn more.